Lithuania is a highly attractive country in all sectors, including study, business, and so forth, as evidenced by the fact that more than 40,000 foreigners moved to Lithuania in 2019, and more than 225,000 foreigners came to Lithuania between 2009-2019 to settle in the country.
A non-EU citizen holding a Lithuanian permanent residence permit may remain in Lithuania all year, travel freely within the Schengen Area, and leave and re-enter the country as much as they choose. Residence Permit in Lithuania is initially granted for a year and may be extended for up to three years.
A lot of people from other countries want to gain Lithuania residence. It is simple to obtain, expedient and allows visa-free travel to any European Union nation. The most prevalent route to legal residency in Lithuania is through the formation of a company in which one is a shareholder and/or director. You don't have to do anything to get your application for a residence permit ready. Bizbon takes care of the paperwork, and we take care of everything else for you.
If you are a non-EU citizen thinking about relocating to Lithuania?
The Schengen visa for Lithuania, as well as other single or multiple entry visas, must be acquired beforehand. After that, you'll need health insurance, a passport, proof of domicile, and a clean criminal record before applying for a residence and work visa.
Bizbon can help you to complete the appropriate legal processes and documents.
What are Schengen Countries you can visit with your residence permit in Lithuania?
Schengen Countries that you can visit with your residence permit in Lithuania are:
3. Czech Republic
If you have a resident permit in Lithuania, you have the right to 90 days of visa-free travel inside the Schengen Area every 180 days. You may freely travel between any Schengen countries as long as your journey does not exceed 90 days. To stay in another Schengen country for more than 90 days, you must get a visa or a resident permit from that country.
Types of Residence Permits in Lithuania
There are two types of Residence permits in Lithuania:
1. Temporary Residence permit in Lithuania
2. Permanent Residence permit in Lithuania
Temporary Residence permit in Lithuania
A TRP card, or temporary resident permit, may be valid for one, two, or three years. The applicant's home country may be used to apply for a TRP, or temporary residence permit, in Lithuania. Bizbon can help you file the necessary documentation with the Migration Department or the Lithuanian Embassy, or you may do it all in Lithuania.
While the normal processing period for a temporary residence visa in Lithuania is two to four months, you may be able to receive yours sooner. The government will need you to follow particular processes, and Bizbon is here to assist. This way, you can be certain that you will get the assistance you need to legally get Lithuanian residence. If you are considering moving to Lithuania, Bizbon can help you with the appropriate paperwork.
Lithuania Permanent Residence Permit
After five years of living in Lithuania with a temporary residence visa, an individual is eligible to apply for Lithuania permanent residence. You may get a temporary residency permit and renew it for as many years as you want (5, 10, 15, or 20), but if you want to stay permanently, you'll need to pass a test on the Lithuanian language and constitution. The Education Development Center administers and manages all tests. A foreigner may seek Lithuanian citizenship after 10 years of continuous residence there.
To qualify for Lithuania permanent residence, the following conditions must be met:
● Your spouse or another close relative is a Lithuanian citizen.
● You've spent five years in an EU member country, including two years in Lithuania.
● After losing your citizenship, you may show that you have been a resident of Lithuania.
All EU nationals must have a valid residence document. This certificate guarantees your right to reside on Lithuanian soil. To enhance your case, you'll also need to present proof of income, health insurance, and a lack of criminal background. Additional fees may apply for legal or immigration services, such as document translation and validation, but Bizbon makes it the easiest for you and provides you with all these services in one place.
It is important to remember that the Temporary Residence Permit is issued for 2 years, and after 5 years of residence, it is possible to obtain a PERMANENT Residence Permit, which is valid for 5 years. After 10 years of residence in Lithuania, you can obtain a passport.
Your permanent residence status will stay intact wherever you travel the globe as long as you return to Lithuania. Lithuanian citizens who have lived in a non-EU nation for more than a year face several restrictions. If they do not leave the aforesaid country, their Lithuanian resident status will be revoked. The same applies to non-Lithuanian foreigners who get residence permits.
There are some circumstances that shows by what conditions an alien could be assigned permanent residence in Lithuania: 1. A permanent residence permit in Lithuania may be granted to a foreigner if foreigner has married with a citizen of Lithuania and come to Lithuania to reside. 2.The comparable permit may be issued to a person who comes to Lithuania and is a family member of an alien who has kept the right to citizenship of Lithuania in accordance with the procedure that set up by the Law on Citizenship, or if the alien is a person of Lithuanian provenance. An application for a permanent residence permit in Lithuania shall be get up properly within 4 months since necessary documents submission to the Migration Office. The solution to confirm a Lithuania permanent residence permit shall be valid by 4-6 months (but no more) since the date it was made. You must apply with regard to make official the permanent residence in Lithuania within this period.
What documentation you will need to get a temporary or permanent residence permit in Lithuania depends on your particular circumstances and the visa you are applying for. However, here are a handful of the most often requested documents:
● You must have a valid passport for at least six months after your intended departure date from Lithuania.
● To apply for a residence permit, you must fill out an application form according to the kind of permission.
● As proof of housing, a lease agreement or letter of confirmation from your host in Lithuania will serve.
● Financial stability
● Proof of valid health insurance in Lithuania is necessary.
● Documentation that you do not have a criminal record in your home country or any other country where you have lived for more than a year.
Documents certification with an Apostille
Except for documents produced in EU member states, Russia, Moldova, and Ukraine, all foreign-issued documents (other than passports) must be translated into Lithuanian and legalised or certified with an Apostille. The Republic of Lithuania's Ministry of Foreign Affairs has produced an online list of nations requiring Apostille certification for official documents. Foreign papers must be authenticated (approved twice: once by the country's official authority or diplomatic mission and once by the Republic of Lithuania's Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
Lithuanian immigration via company/business/investment
A single company with four employees may apply for a residence permit; there may be three stockholders and one director. There are no nationality limitations. A shareholder-director may apply for Lithuanian resident permits, which are valid for two years. After five years, a temporary resident may apply for a permanent residence permit.
The business/company must fulfil the standards of the migration department.
● The minimum share capital for the firm is 28'000,- EUR and each shareholder must have at least 14'000,- EUR. At least 42,000 EUR in share capital is required for three stockholders. The company must also recruit at least one Lithuanian citizen.
● The firm must be in existence for at least six months. This implies that you must operate a company for six months before applying for a Lithuanian resident visa. They will want bank statements, sales and purchase invoices, partnership contracts, office leasing agreements, and employment contracts from Lithuanians.
Decisions by the migration department take two months. Applications may be sent to any Lithuanian embassy abroad or the Lithuania migration agency. Personal presence is not required for business registration.
Lithuanian residence based on investment
Lithuanian resident permits may be acquired through investing in a business. Purchasing a full or third stake in an existing Lithuanian company saves time and money. Lithuania offers several business possibilities and enterprises for sale. Such a company does not need any further capital from you since it has enough money to meet its operating expenses and pay dividends.
This is the same as applying for a Lithuanian residence permit based on establishing a new company and running a business, but you won't have to worry about running the business for at least six months (the migration department requires business activity documents to prove that your company is active) because you will already have a running company with employees, bank statements, invoices. Purchasing an operating company for a client costs between 15,000 and 50,000 euros. A firm may provide four Lithuanian residency permits to foreigners.
How to start the process for a residence permit in Lithuania. Step By Step
- The client sends us by email [email protected] a copy of his passport, living place address, and telephone number making a prepayment of 50% of the amount in advance. We accept payments by bank transfers, Paypal, and Western Union.
- Within a week BIZBON prepares necessary documents and sends them to the Client by e-mail. Client prints documents as per instruction and sends us back signed by email or a fast post courier DHL/TNT.
- After we will receive documents from you, within 1-2 weeks we will prepare all the necessary documents and will receive approvals from Companies Registry.
- When a company and Immigrational documents are ready BIZBON scans and sends them to the Client by e-mail and requests the Client for the remaining 50% payment.
- After Performer receives the remaining payment, documents will be sent by email or postal address.
- The Client receives the documents and makes an appointment at the nearest Lithuanian Embassy. Then submits the documents to the Embassy and pays the documents submission fee. By the way, the Client can come to Lithuania and submit documents to the Lithuanian Immigration office.
- After Migration Office receives the documents from the Embassy, you have provided there, the submission decision has to be taken within a period of 2 months.
- After the positive decision is made, the Client has to apply to the Embassy within a few weeks at the latest to get a short-term visa on the basis of TRP approval.
- The Client comes to Lithuania immediately and goes to the Migration Office to apply for a plastic residency card.
- The residency plastic card is issued for a period of two or three years. This takes time of 5 working days. From now, the foreigner has the right to live in Lithuania, travel through all Schengen member zone countries, and do business. Two months before the expiration of his TRP the Client has to apply for a TRP renewal and provide his tax and business activity documents.
* Once decided to start immigration by registering a new company - then immigration to Lithuania also means that your company during the last six months prior to submitting an application form for TRP has to be already running (has an active bank account, contracts with partners, office, website, employees and etc.).
The decision for a Temporary Residence Permit takes about 1-2 months after documents are submitted to the Immigration Office in Lithuania or in the Lithuanian embassy. Lithuanian TRP will be issued for two years period, or, another option: if you register a branch company then you will get TRP for 2-3 years. After this period you can apply for a Residence Permit renewal (at least, 2-4 months before the end of the current existing Lithuania Temporary Residence Permit).
After 5 years you will be able to apply for Permanent Residence Permit which will be issued for 5 years period. After this, you can apply for a Lithuanian Passport and citizenship.
You should remember it
First Lithuania Temporary Residence Permit card will be issued for two years. And next time it will be renewed for two years period as well.
An applicant needs to be self-employed in the company and pay taxes for himself during his immigration to Lithuania.
The share capital of a company should be not less than 28’000 EUR and no less than 14’000 EUR from this general amount – your invested own funds. Later you should show 14'000 EUR amount in your private bank account or in a registered Lithuanian company's bank account.
You can apply for Lithuanian TRP in the nearest Embassy of Republic of Lithuania (there is not mandatory to arrive in Lithuania to apply for it in the Immigration office).
Residence Permit and Visa For The Family Members. If the Company’s shareholders and employees are a wife and a husband, their children under 18 years can automatically get a Temporary Residence Permit or Visa in Lithuania.
Other Important Business Immigration Information
The Law of immigration to Lithuania often changes. For this reason, please contact BIZBON consultants to get relevant information about immigration law. More answers and questions about immigration you can find here.
In order to get a Permanent Residence Permit in Lithuania (PRP), you will be required to live in Lithuania for five years as a Lithuania temporary residence permit holder, pay taxes, and pass the Lithuanian language and State Constitution knowledge exam.
A Permanent Residence Permit in Lithuania can be issued within a period of five years. At the termination of this period (after a total of ten years living in Lithuania), You can get citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania and a Lithuanian Passport.
Bizbon is a one-stop destination which provides you assistance with everything you need to get a Lithuanian residency and helps you in easing every stage of business immigration along with all the services that are required to settle in the country