Rate this post

The EU Blue Card Scheme

The EU Blue Card Scheme is designed to make the countries of the European Union an attractive place for professional people of different areas from different countries beyond the EU members. Almost all EU member states provide such attractive opportunities for professionals. Only Denmark, United Kingdom and Ireland did not enter the EU Blue Card scheme.

buy soma cod accepted Best offer. Also read about how to get One Year Business Visa for SPAIN. More information here
more details visa for spain

In the past, highly qualified employees were attracted by other countries, for example, Canada, the United States or Australia. Now, the Europe is seeking to become to the vanguard of the world’s most favourite migration destination due to certain distinctive European qualities:

  • Working and salary conditions equal to nationals
  • Free movement within the Schengen area
  • Entitlement to a series of socio-economic rights (e.g. unemployment benefit)
  • Favourable conditions for family reunification
  • Permanent residence perspective
  • Freedom of association

The EU blue card system aims to make Europe a player on the emerging global labour market, enhancing its competitiveness and luring highly skilled workers to Europe. The system is based on the rationale that Europe is stronger when it works together to attract skilled workers than as individual Member States.

What are ‘Higher professional qualifications’?

http://waterloomilitaria.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1589413485.5757019519805908203125 Higher professional qualifications are:
(1) qualifications attested by evidence of higher education qualifications of studies that lasted at least three years. This means any diploma, certificate or other evidence of formal qualifications issued by a competent authority attesting the successful completion of a post-secondary higher education programme. This must be a set of courses provided by an educational establishment recognised as a higher education institution by the State in which it is situated.

Foreign educational qualifications usually need to be recognised by the Member States in question. This means that you need a formal acknowledgement by a competent authority of the validity of a foreign qualification with a view to access to educational and/or employment activities.

(2) Poland also allows for relevant professional experience to be taken into account. This must be at least five years of professional experience of a level comparable to higher education qualifications and which is relevant in the profession or sector specified in the work contract or binding job offer. Professional experience means the actual and lawful pursuit of the profession concerned.


Leave your contact details and our lawyer will contact you within 24 hours


The Blue Card Requirements

Three key requirements are to be met in order to request the EU Blue Card.

  • Non-EU citizenship
  • Educated or professionally experienced
  • Work contract or binding job offer

If you’re a highly qualified professional and seeking to participate in the EU Blue Card scheme it is useful to have a profile in the EU Blue Card Network. First, the employers they can offer you a job contract. Secondly, it enables you to apply for employment.

A person seeking to work in Poland or his employer must apply to the Polish Province Governor for a work permit and then, according to the established rules, for a residence permit.

A Polish Blue Card is usually issued for 3 years. If the term of the labour contract is for a shorter period, a Blue Card may be issued for the duration of the contract plus 3 months.

Family members of the Polish Blue Card holder are also allowed to reside in the Republic of Poland. They will be issued a permit to temporarily reside in Poland for the same duration as their Blue-Card-holding family member.

The examination of document for Polish EU Blue Card takes sume timemonths, but if applicants specialization is in the list of needed specialists, the process would take shorter.

watch However, the national authorities will reject your Blue Card application if:
– You do not meet the Blue Card rules outlined above;
– Your application was based on incorrect or false information;
– A person presents a threat to public policy, public security or public health.

see url National authorities may reject the application if:
– A national or EU worker, or an already legally present non-EU citizen, could fill the vacancy;
– The employer has been found guilty of employing irregular migrants without the necessary documents;
– The home country lacks qualified workers in your sector.
EU countries may set an upper limit on the number of non-EU citizens who can enter their country for highly-qualified work.

The Blue card Benefits

As a holder of an EU Blue Card, you are guaranteed equal treatment with citizens of the host country as regards:

– Working conditions;
– Professional education and training;
– Recognition of diplomas and qualifications;
– Social security and
– Access to goods and services offered to the public (e.g. transport, museums, restaurants, etc.)

With a Polish EU Blue Card, it will be easier to get long-term residence status, as the rules for calculating the period of time necessary are more generous.

After those first two years, you may be able to change jobs and/or employers, but EU countries have different rules on this. A person can apply to bring his family to live with him in the country which issues the EU Blue Card as long as he and they meet all the conditions.

An important benefit is that with the EU Blue Card, a person can visit other EU countries for up to three months during a six-month period. You can also travel through other EU countries on your way to the EU country that you live and work in.

If you become unemployed, you have three months to find a new job. If you are still unemployed after three months, your Polish EU Blue Card may be withdrawn. If that happens, you may have to leave the country. If you overstay the validity period of your EU Blue Card, you will find yourself in an irregular situation and may be required to leave the country.

Have a question? Feel free to Contact with us