Opening a bank account in Poland is one of the most important steps of high priority you have to think about when you start your business in Poland. Without a bank account in a reliable bank it can be hard to do everyday things such as handling financial affairs of your company, getting loans or making use of other services and products offered by the bank.
How to Open a Bank Account in Poland?
Opening a bank account is simple – you have to arrive at any customer service outlet of the chosen bank and enter into a bank account agreement. The bank will create bank account number in IBAN bank account format.
What do I need to open a bank account in Poland?
If you are a natural person, when opening an account, the bank staff will ask you to furnish the passport or, if you do not have it, any other document – a foreign passport with valid visa, a permit of permanent residence in the Republic of Poland, marine or diplomatic passport or any ID card identifying Polish citizenship.
When the account is opened for a person younger than 18 years, the birth certificate of the under-age person must be submitted.
If you are a business registered in Poland then you will have to have the following documents:
- valid passport or other ID documents and visas, as well as documents proving the persons empowerment to act in the name of the company.
- a document proving CEO’s appointment;
- card of signature, the seal of the company for making stamp samples;
However, you can also open a bank account in Poland for foreigners. The requirements to open a bank account in Poland for non-resident legal persons and offshore companies are the following:
- valid passport or other ID documents and visas;
- Resident card and proof of residence;
- a registration certificate of the foreign company or an extract from the national Companies Registry proving the person’s registration;
- Articles of Association of your company;
- a document proving CEO’s appointment or a power of attorney issued by a foreign notary or other competent body proving the representation rights;
- card of signature, the seal of the company for making stamp samples.
All the above mentioned documents must be:
- legalized (validated) in Polish state authority or embassy or, in the event that a foreign country is a member of the Hague Convention that regulates the abandoning of the legalization of foreign countries documents, such documents are required to be validated by a foreign competent authority by issuing certificates to prove the origin/source of documents (apostille) provided such documents have been worked out or witnessed by a competent authority of the Hague Convention states or by an empowered person within his/her competence and in line with the established procedure and approved by state stamp.
In pursuance of Deposit Insurance legislation all deposits held with the Bank are insured and the Bank’s liabilities towards its accountholders are safeguarded.
Currently, banks are very protective of their reputation, so of the smallest suspicion that a business is making illegal activities or find negative information (e. g. criminal records) about company’s representatives, banks normally not open bank accounts or apply strict control, especially for non-residents.
The alternative to a simple bank account is a virtual bank account opened with appropriate company. You get your own European IBAN that you can receive and make transfers with between a large number of currencies and countries. So, many businesses select to have a virtual bank account and make all payments online.
Before opening an account bank in one of banks in Poland, it may be required that the director of company or his representative submit a short business description and other important information.
However, we can help you in setting up a bank account in Poland. Our experienced staff will consult you on how to fulfil the necessary formalities, prepare the necessary documents for opening of a bank account, and assist you in the chosen the best bank according to your needs.
- Consulting on how to choose the appropriate bank;
- Consult on opening of a bank account and a virtual bank account;
- Preparation of the necessary documents required in banks of Poland;
- Assistance in opening a bank account.