The Republic of Lithuania is a full member of the European Union since 1 May 2004. The requirements for obtaining a permanent residence permit in Lithuania are simple enough in comparison with other EU countries. With a permanent residence permit in Lithuania, you have the following advantages:
- You have the right to reside in any EU country, and it is easier to get a visa to the United States, Canada, Australia (if you need any).
- You have freedom of movement and the right to visa-free travel to all countries of the Schengen Agreement;
- You have social guarantees: the opportunity to get maternity benefits, unemployment benefits, and health care;
- You have the right to educate your children in Europe (including the UK);
- You have broad rights to conduct commercial activities and business;
- You have the right to be employed;
- You have the possibility to realize other plans in the European Union.
So, if you are planning your business development in European countries and obtain freedom of movement, the acquisition of a permanent residence permit in Lithuania may be reasonable choice and a good decision.