Is it necessary to have a registration?
If you plan to stay in Poland for over 3 months you are legally obliged to register your stay. Make sure you have a couple of legal documents with you:
- Passport or other form of ID with a photo that could be taken as a proof that you are who you claim to be
- A document giving a reason of your stay here – pick one from below:
– possibility of future employment for example – statement from your future employer plus proof of health insurance and proof of having enough money to live in Poland
– intention of studying in Poland: confirmation of admission to university plus proof of health insurance and having enough money to live in Poland
– being married to a Polish citizen – act of marriage
- Filled out application form.
Without temporary registration, you will not get your PESEL number. Moreover, without registration you will not be able to address to any state authority, as well as to banks and medical institutions. Thus, Polish registration will ensure comfort living in the future.
What it is necessary to get Polish registration?
According to the laws in effect, foreigners who arrived to Poland and plan to stay here for a period exceeding 3 months without leaving, are required to register temporary residence permits.
Not only persons who have housing are required to have a registration, but tenants, as well as those living in dormitories have to register.
Where to get registration in Poland?
Conventionally, each city of Poland is divided into several districts. District Administration (Urząd Dzielnicy) or the department of the District Office (Biuro Administracji i Spraw Obywatelskich) is responsible for each district.
You will need to apply to this organization according to the place of your residence, it can be clarified directly by the owner of the apartment. If your surname appears in the lease agreement, you can safely go to the state institution and get registration in Poland.
What documents are necessary?
Before you get a registration in Poland, Urząd Dzielnicy will ask you for the following documents:
- A residence card or a valid visa – they will confirm that you are in the territory of the Republic of Poland legally;
- The lease agreement of the residential premises or any other documents confirming your residence at a particular address (mandatory from 3 months);
- Extract from księgi wieczystej (house book), as a direct proof of the rental of housing from its owner;
- Written consent of the owner of the residence for your temporary registration.
Procedure of getting registered
As mentioned above, the Department of District Administration is responsible for registration. You will need to go to the local department and go to the information window. A specialist will issue a special application form for registration in Poland.
There are no problems for filling the form, since you can be given out a sample of the form on your request. As soon as you have completed and verified the accuracy of what you wrote, you will provide to the staff a form with all the necessary documents.
How to fill the application form?
Filling the application form for registration in Poland is completed directly in the District Division according to a sample issued by the staff. This allows reducing the number of errors and corrupt forms.
How much does cost?
Since Polish registration is a state requirement therefore it is absolutely free if got for the first time.
In case of loss or delivery of temporary registration to state institutions, a duplicate can be issued for 17 PLN. Just in case, it is better to make a couple of copies of the document, this will make life easier in the RP and make it more comfortable.
Please remember that it is important to fill in the application forms correctly and accurately, since it will increase the probability of quick issuance of the registration. The presence of the owner of housing in the department is not necessary, because if your name is inscribed in the contract, you should not to worry.
Remember! If you still do not have your PESEL number, it is automatically assigned to you when getting a temporary registration. You will have to wait for 1-2 weeks until the number is formed and entered into your registration document.
If you rent an apartment together with your friends, then it is necessary to stipulate in the lease agreement that the owner of the residential premises does not mind that the following persons receive a temporary registration. Otherwise, the temporary registration may become very problematic.